Earning this highest-level credential involves a rigorous process, including several significant educational and accreditation steps. This mark of distinction separates SELECT ShingleMasters™ from most other companies. The company must continue to meet the following requirements to maintain the credential:
The most well qualified installers
- Through testing and regular re-accreditation we ensure that all supervisors and at least 50% of the company’s installers are Master Shingle Applicators™ (MSAs).
- Information from the CertainTeed Shingle Applicator ‘s Manual provides instruction to MSAs, making them some of the most knowledgeable roofing installers in the industry.
- One or more company employees have earned the Shingle Quality Specialist™ designation after passing a test on the CertainTeed Shingle Technology Manual, which proves their knowledge of shingle products, quality standards and satisfying customer objectives.
- Trust in their expertise to explain important differences between shingles and offer an appropriate selection of products for your roof.
Insured and established
- The SELECT ShingleMaster must carry worker ‘s compensation insurance, as required by law, and liability insurance covering roofing. This coverage is critical foryour protection.
- This Company has been in business for a minimum of five years or held another CertainTeed credential for at least one year.
Ethical conduct and customer-focused
- The SELECT ShingleMaster agrees to abide by a code of ethics that covers compliance with applicable laws, standards of workmanship, customer service and business administration.
- This Company must maintain a customer satisfaction rating of 4 or higher on a five-point scale.
- A SELECT ShingleMaster is authorized to offer you SureStart™ PLUS 3-STAR, 4-STAR, and 5-STAR extended warranty protection on your investment.
- Upgraded 130 mph wind warranty available and extended years of transferability (see footnotes in SureStart PLUS chart for specifics).
5-STAR Quality Assurance
- Your SELECT ShingleMaster has met the most stringent credential requirements in the industry.
- CertainTeed stands behind the SELECT ShingleMaster ‘s workmanship for 25 yearswhen you select 5-STAR coverage.
- Your roof will be covered by the strongest warranty in the industry.
- To monitor your level of satisfaction, CertainTeed will send you a Customer TrackRecord™ Survey, to rate the professionalism and workmanship of your SELECT ShingleMaster.
- CertainTeed periodically conducts Roof Inspections to monitor that the Integrity Roof System standards are met.
Up-to-date and ongoing credential requirements
- CertainTeed keeps records on each SELECT ShingleMaster to ensure their credentials and insurance coverage are current.
- Call 800- 782-8777 to ask about a contractor ‘s credential status or look them up on the Find a Pro section ofwww.certainteed.com.
Only a SELECT ShingleMaster can offer CertainTeed’s strongest warranty
This SELECT ShingleMaster has earned CertainTeed’s most advanced credential, which represents the highest standards in the shingle roofing industry. Their SELECT status elevates and differentiates their company from almost all other roofing companies in their marketplace. That is why only SELECT ShingleMasters are authorized by CertainTeed to offer SureStart PLUS 5-STAR Coverage.
Only CertainTeed gives you the confidence of SureStart PLUS
We can offer this extensive coverage when a SELECT ShingleMaster installs an Integrity Roof System because CertainTeed roofing products are produced with quality materials and advanced manufacturing methods to exacting standards of excellence. That means problems rarely occur. But should a defect arise during the SureStart PLUS Coverage period, CertainTeed protects you with non- prorated payment for the following if required to repair or replace any defective CertainTeed roofing product:
- Materials and labor costs.
- Roof tear-off expenses.
- Disposal expenses (not included with 3-STAR Coverage).
- Repair or replacement of any defects in the SELECT ShingleMaster ‘s workmanship (only included with 5-STAR Coverage).
And only SureStart PLUS enhances your warranty coverage to give you more peace of mind
Not only does CertainTeed’s exclusive SureStart PLUS offer the best protection you can get over the long term, it expands your coverage even more. Refer to the graph and example costs to the right. Here ‘s how SureStart PLUS extended warranty protection is different from any other coverage:
- The warranty can be fully transferred from the original consumer to the subsequent property owner during an extended period of years.
- Unlike most warranties that limit the transfer period to five or ten years, SureStart PLUS gives you an extra advantage should you decide to sell your home.
- The wind warranty for lifetime shingles can be upgraded to 130 mph.
- By upgrading the wind warranty, you will worry less about your shingles being blown off by storms and high winds.